Wake Up Yoga Rittenhouse
Thursday, September 20th – Sunday, September 23rd
10am – 6pm each day
Tuition: $550 + $20 materials fee; $490 + $20 materials fee if by 8/30
This training will focus on the incredibly therapeutic benefits of yin yoga on the physical, energetic and mental/emotional bodies (the Annamaya, Pranamaya and Manomaya Koshas). We will investigate the foundational shapes of yin yoga, seeking to understand the method of this practice, and exploring appropriate ways of modifying poses to meet individual students’ needs. Included in the training are daily yin yoga practices, and opportunities to work in partners and small groups for practical experience applying the information. You will viscerally integrate the information so that, upon completion, you will feel confident teaching yin yoga and also fielding students’ questions with confidence and true clarity. Topics to be addressed:
• Theory of Yin/Yang/Tao and how these concepts are embedded in the practice, and are vastly illuminating in a quest for balance • Tension and Compression, two of yoga’s primary stressors
• Anatomy & Physiology: Bones, Muscles, Fascia and Organs
• Anatomical Uniqueness and “Inside-Out Alignment”
• Contraindications, and tailoring the practice to different populations.
• Nadis/Meridians, Organs and Emotions, Patterns of Excess, Deficiency and Balance
• A.A.F.F.R.: a formula for responding to emotional responses in yin yoga practice
• Breathing practices to invite the fullness of experience
• Safe, Sacred and Neutral: prerequisite for personal YINquiry Participants will receive a certificate of completion which can be applied as “Continuing Education Units” (CEU’s) for Registered Yoga Teachers.